Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Best Laid Plans

You know what they say about best laid plans. We were to do school after lunch today. Well, here is what happened instead. Today was food pantry day at my church. Me and Grace normally go and work there for about 3 1/2 hours. Hubby is still on vacation so he came and worked with us. We decided to go to lunch afterwards and then by the library. So we didn't get home until 2:30. At this point Grace is just not in the mood and tired. I made a deal with her. If she would read for 30 minutes, play a geography game online that has her naming the states, and play her spelling blaster game I would let her slide until tomorrow. Also I really needed to work on my lesson for tonight in youth at church. Of course Grace was game. I keep trying to remind myself that 1) Community Service - food pantry is school, and 2) we will be schooling all year this year so we have plenty of time to make up for lost time. I think she had plenty of school today, especially if you were unschooling. Unschooling is something that is always niggling in the back of my mind. But I just don't have the courage to go down that road. But I still read about it as often as possible especially from blogs of unschooling families.

No comments: