Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Doosey of a Night

If I haven't mentioned before my husband commutes 1 hour and 15 minutes to work each night on a motorcycle. We are down to one car because our 19 year old son is using our other car while making a bunch of repairs on his BMW which is 25 years old. It is taking much longer than originally expected. Like almost two months. Our son is paying the car note while using it. But whenever there is mention of possible rain hubby has to decide rather to chance it or take the car. He really hates leaving us with no transportation so when he left for work yesterday afternoon he took the bike. Everything was great until I woke up this morning about 3 a.m. to thunder, lightening and rain. He leaves to come home at about 4a.m. I prayed really hard he would be okay and it would stop raining. It continued to rain until 6:30 a.m. and pretty much kept me up the entire time worrying about him. I finally fell back off to sleep and he arrived home safely. But I felt really sorry for him. Tonight we might be in the same position again, I just might need to find a ride to church. We would just take the night off but I teach a class and need to be there.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I hope he has a good rain coat. That doesn't sound too fun to ride for 1 1/2 hours on a bike in the rain. Sounds cold too.

Rhonda @ Preparation Education