Saturday, May 29, 2010

All About the Art

Tonight we went to a reception at a local art gallery that has some of of Scott's art work displayed. Every six - eight weeks they change it up and add new pieces from each artist. Scott had three pieces to contribute. Unfortuantely you can't take pictures inside the gallery and I can't seem to lay my hands on the memory card here at the house. If you are interested in viewing some of his new works you can visit him at http://www.artofscottk.blogspot.com . The picture above is a book I have been eyeing for a couple of months. Each time we go to a reception I see it and this time I actually had the money to purchase it. It is Wildlife Whimsy by Milton Lewis Smith and illustrations by Patsy Lewis-Gentry. It is kind of like a field guide but also a book of short stories about encounters with the wildlife. I hope to read through it with Grace for Nature Study in the new school year.
The picture above is another drawing by Grace. She has become interested in hands lately. In her art classes she has been working with shading and perspective. It was good to see her do a little bit of shading in the hand. Pencil drawings are really hard to get picture of and show up the detail.

4 comments:

Pam... said...

You may need to check and see if the link works. I couldn't get it to work. How nice to see your daughter flourishing in her own choice of expression. Very nice.

Kelly Rhoades said...

Hey that's really good Grace!

homeschool101 said...

Monster Moth. I am going to have night mares. Lol. That is huge. scary to...

Thanks for dropping in. I am looking forward to our year round as well. WE have home schooled 3 years now and this is our first year round. Exciting. Have a great weekend.

Allison said...

LUV seeing Grace's artwork. She's very good and I am so sorry about her bunny!