Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Something New For This Semester

As I mentioned in a previous post we have added a few new curriculum pieces to the daily schedule. I wanted to go a little more in depth with what we have added to Bible/devotion time. Grace already reads a story for her Action Bible each morning and right now she is in the section about David. As she will tell you, we have read and studied the first part of the Old Testament backwards and forwards. I really felt the need to do a study on Jesus and his life. She also needed more practice with reading something and then answering questions about it. Not her strong suit. Enters Lifepacs for Alpha Omega. Very simplistic and easy as a starting off point. I chose two of the smaller units from the Grade 6 selections, The Life of Jesus and The Followers of Jesus. So far so good. Grace reads a small section each day then asnwers the corresponding questions.
Here are the table of contents for The Life of Jesus:
  • Background of Jesus
  • Books about Jesus
  • Family of Jesus
  • Birth of Jesus
  • Childhood of Jesus
  • The First Year of Jesus' Ministry
  • The Second Year of jesus' Ministry
  • Third Year
  • Last Months
  • Triumphal Entry
  • Plot to Betray
  • Agony in the Garden
  • Arrest and Trail
  • Death
  • Resurrection



2 comments:

Jenny said...

Do they have these for younger kids? I have been feeling like I need to do more in our Bible studies. Also, regarding your latest post, I'm really in awe of the way you are working toward finding peacefulness in life. That's so incredible that your husband only has to work 3 days a week. I would love that.

Suzanne said...

Thanks for writing about this Diane, I have been looking for my something for my daughter, also 6th grade. We are working on the comprehension thing so reading then aswering the questions is a good method for her right now.