Tuesday, May 3, 2011

This Week

This week is all about getting ready for our trip to Atlanta on Thursday. Grace is so excited she can think of little else. I guess if I admit it, so am I. I wait all year to be able to go back to the GHEA Homeschool Convention. This year with be even better with keynote speakers like Ken Ham and Voddie Baucham. Also looking forward to some great workshops and looking and touching everything in the vendor hall. On Friday Grace and Scott will be visiting the Atlanta Zoo while I am in classes. On the Atlanta Zoo website they have a very in depth printable scavenger hunt. I told Grace of she would do the scavenger hunt with her dad that I would count Thursday and Friday as school days which would take two days off the final count and leave us with only 13 days of school left for the year and two of those will be testing days. I hope to find a couple of neat project like kits to bring home from the convention to work on for the remainder of the school year. Grace has already finished her math, science, personal development, spelling, and grammar curriculum's for the year. I would like the month of May to maybe just be some child led interests, etc. The only book I really want us to finish is her history book. On a more somber note, one of the baby chicks is sick. I noticed blood in some of the stools yesterday and believe they have coccidia. Purchased medicine from the feed store yesterday to put in their water and started it. Five of the chicks seem healthy and active while one stands puffed out and tucking her head. I went through this last year with our other batch of chickens with a respiratory infection. I was able to save all of them with medication in their water. The crazy thing is that last year the respiratory infection happened right when we were leaving for a trip to Kentucky and now this week with the coccidia before leaving for Atlanta. I guess when it rains it pours. If everyone is still alive by Thursday I think they will be okay. The treatment only lasts for 5 days. I do have a neighbor coming to take care of everyone while we are gone. So we will hope and pray for the best.

1 comment:

Stoney Creek Homestead said...

Have fun at the convention! I hope Grace and Scott have fun at the zoo.