Friday, August 5, 2011

New Smoothie Recipe

That is, new to me. I got this off the Internet today, not sure where. Tried it this afternoon and it tasted pretty good. I am trying to find ways to get my fruit and veggie servings in each day. I typically am not the type of person to just go and pick up a carrot, etc. to eat for a snack. I am also trying to including items in my diet that will help my acid reflux. I was recently put on a medication, Dexilant, for my acid reflux and I am having some side effects but tried to come off the medication and back on to my Nexium, but the burning came back double. The only thing I am worried about is the calorie content in the smoothies. I am sure this one has at least 300 calories. To off set the difference I will be eating salad and a boiled egg for dinner.

3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup yogurt
1 banana
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon flax seeds

The recipe did mention if you are not accustomed to alot of fiber in your diet to start off with 1 or 2 teaspoons of the flax seed until your body adjusts to the 1 tablespoon.

1 comment:

Cinnamon said...

Thank you for welcoming John home with us. It was a long year while he was in Afghanistan. But it's over....praising the Lord!!!

Thank you as well for your prayer for our son Garrett and his safe return from Afghanistan. We covet every single prayer for him.

~Cinnamon