Friday, November 4, 2011

Hard Week on Our Cars

This week our cars have been run through the ringer. Truly by today I just had to stop and chuckle. I don't remember if I had mentioned before that Travis has two cars. One truck that is his daily drive and one old BMW that he has rebuilt for road racing. Well four nights ago while test driving the BMW Travis ran into a deer. Travis was very upset due to the fact he had just finished putting a new coat of paint on it and now the car will need a new hood and front bumper. Now cut to yesterday morning. I got a text message that Travis had flipped his truck. He was fine but he thinks the truck is totalled. No other cars involved, he drifted off the shoulder of the road then over corrected. Beyond the should was down hill, the tires slid on wet grass then slowly rolled over. Travis drove home the BMW last night to have a car to drive back and forth to work. It was a treacherous ride because it was raining and the BMW has no heat, defrost, and only one windshield wiper. I told him last night that he didn't need to be driving that car on the road so he took Scott's car to work and Scott took my car to his work. Well Scott called me a little while ago to say that he had hit a rock with my front bumper and it was going to need some work. Can you believe this!!!! We are blessed that no one is hurt and that is what I am trying to focus on.

2 comments:

Kelly Rhoades said...

One word for you: bicycle!

Fran said...

If bad luck comes in threes, you've had your share! I hate driving and do it because I have to. I am a nervous wreck when it comes to driving in the ice and snow, so not looking forward to winter xxx