Friday, March 2, 2012

A Recap of the Week

I have really really neglected the blog this week. My only excuse is a really crazy schedule. So here was my week in a nutshell:

Monday - Slept in due to Grace not feeling great. Did a full day of school. Took Grace to her drawing class in the afternoon. The weather was so pretty that we took a walk before the art class. To kill time during Grace's class I went to Wal-mart and picked up a few items.

Tuesday - We actually got to stay home all day today. Lots of school work accomplished and we both rode our bike for exercise.

Wednesday - Grace stayed with my father while I drove my mom to Emory for a doctor's appt. The previous week we had also traveled to Emory for blood work and a CT scan for her quarterly check up. Grace took school work to do and her computer to keep her entertained. This trip is always an all day affair. Three hour travel time (1 1/2 hours each way) plus a two hour wait to see the doctor for test results. The past year has been really good in that mom hasn't needed any treatments, her tumors were not growing or changing. This time one of the tumors in her lung changed by a few milimeters and her blood numbers went up. The doctor feels in the next 3-6 months we will have to look at another surgery or another clinical trail. Mom seems to be handling it well. This has been a 10 year road with thyroid cancer that doesn't respond to normal treatments.

Thursday - Chiropractor appt for me in the morning. This makes a month of treatments with no improvements. He feels my joint/muscle issues may be from something else. He wants me to try a gluten free diet for 2-3 weeks and see if I have any improvement. I had also decided on my own to try white sugar free also. Maybe detoxing my body will help. We did a little school then another art class in the afternoon as well as drama ministry team practice . I had a headache when I got home from no sugar today.

Friday - Jazzercise in the morning with lunch at Blimpie ( I had a salad for a gluten free lunch) afterwards. Home for a little school (math, digital photography and Bible) then off to drama (Jungle Book musical) practice for 1 1/2 hours.

1 comment:

Fran said...

A really busy week. Let us know how your gluten free diet goes and if it works xxx