Monday, April 23, 2012

What We Did Today

This morning we went to a hour long class of Jazzercise and returned home for lunch. One of Grace's Keepers projects is to study a foreign country and language, she chose Germany. Today we decided to make a traditional German strudel. According to Scott it turned out delicious. Grace wanted to make a deal with me to finish her math book today (three lessons left) and not do any writing. I was completely okay with this because quite frankly I am ready to be finished with math for a couple of months too. While the strudel was baking we read two chapters from Anne of Green Gables and one chapter from Heroes of Invention. Today's chapter was about Archimedes and early inventors. She also watched LibertyTreehouse this morning while eating breakfast with information about Johnny Appleseed and Albert Einstein. Yesterday Grace started taking some free online piano lessons so I am sure she will continue that this afternoon also. Tomorrow we will probably concentrate on her German project and an ebook I am reviewing for Notgrass about the upcoming Olympics.

1 comment:

Fran said...

My, that looks good and ready for some custard!! Anne of Green Gables was one of my favourite books as a child and I read it umpteen times, along with Pollyanna, The Secret Garden, Little Women and the Borrowers xxx