Friday, October 19, 2012

What We're Reading



Christian Unschooling has started a new monthly blog hop, What We're Reading. I love the Christian Unschooling Blog and hope to join up with the blog hop each month.

Current Read Aloud
I love YA fiction so usually there is at least one book me and Grace are reading together as a read aloud. The read aloud is 9 times out of 10 a fun book to enjoy together, but can also sometimes be something educational.Currently we are reading Michael Vey and The Rise of the Elgen. This is number 2 in the Michael Vey Book Series. Great read.

What Grace is Reading
Grace is fickle when it comes to reading and sometimes is reading a few things at one time, which is the case this month. Believe it or not she has never been interested in reading the Harry Potter series until now. She is about half way through the first book of the series Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. A friend let her also borrow another Warrior's Series, which she just started. For school she is just about finished with Island of the Blue Dolphin which she is reading for literature. Her all time favorite is still The Naruto Series. She is only about halfway through the series at volume number 23.

What I Am Reading
As I mentioned before I am loving YA fiction at the moment. Also I am a zombie story fanatic so my choices have reflected that. Last night I just finished Dearly Departed, and really enjoyed it. Also started yesterday The Eleventh Plague. It is taking a bit to get into this story. Still my all time favorite YA reads that I have read in the past three months are The Mortal Instruments SeriesMatched Trilogy, and The Divergent Series.

To see what other folks are reading visit Christian Unschooling Blog.

1 comment:

Aadel Bussinger said...

I haven't heard of a lot of these books (probably because I don't have a teen yet) - but will be checking them out! Thanks for linking up!