Sunday, December 16, 2012

Review - Elisha Press - The Reunion

I was contacted recently to review a book for Elisha Press. This short novel is The Reunion authored by Rachel McIntire. Ms. McIntire has written several books with The Reunion being her first to be published. What I find interesting is that Ms. McIntire was a home school mom like me and she enjoyed writing stories for her children. The author penned this book back in 1982 with the purpose of giving her children something innocent to read but also to place important principles from God's Word in their hearts.

The Reunion is a small novel coming in at 134 pages. This book will come to you as a softcover edition. This was an easy read that I found myself not wanting to put down until it was finished. The Reunion is a sweet story about redemption, family, and God's unwavering love for us. Clicking on the following link will lead you to an excerpt from the book. I enjoyed the fact that God was present in every aspect of this book. Also the enormity of growing up in a home that centers around God can make such a tremendous difference in a child's life. Often times those children that do not have this grounding or foundation will grow up lost and lonely. I found The Reunion to be a very sweet, uplifting story. I would recommend this book as a family read aloud for all ages and to read independently for 10 years and up. Currently The Reunion can be purchased for $9.99 with free shipping in the United States. Elisha Press is offering a special code for my readers that offers a $2.00 off coupon. When visiting the Elisha Press order page simply enter REVIEW-CABIN as the code for your $2.00 coupon.

Please visit Elisha Press and look into purchasing The Reunion. This would be a great Christmas present.

Disclaimer: Elisha Press sent me a copy of The Reunion at no cost to me for my honest review. All opinions are mine.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

We need more of this kind of literature. This is the kind of thing I was always looking for for my kids when we homeschooled. I'm not familiar with either Elisha Press or Rachel McIntire. I'll have to look them up.

Leigh said...

P.S. Feeling lazy, I wanted to copy and paste Rachel's name in my comment above. That's when I discovered your blog is right click protected. Folks download a lot of my photos so I've been looking for that! A quick search and I found the code. Thanks Diane!