Thursday, January 17, 2013

Rain, Rain Go Away

Okay, enough is enough. Here in the South it seems it is feast or famine as far as the rain goes. We go weeks with nothing and then day after day after day of rain. My poor chickens are miserable. The backyard/chicken yard is a mud hole. I MEAN A REAL MUD HOLE! All the coops need cleaning out but not let up in the rain for probably 7 days. Today was the worst. Tonight the temps are falling dramatically and maybe an inch of snow will fall. All I want is some sunshine. If it was still Christmas I would be putting it at the top of my Santa list. I need waders to go in the backyard and deal with the chickens. Of course I don't own waders. Maybe that also needs to be added to the list. Looking forward to hopefully some sunshine this weekend so I can go out and do a real heavy duty cleaning. I try to look on the bright side..... at least the well is getting nice and full.

1 comment:

Erin D - The Usual Mayhem said...

A day or two of rain is refreshing. More than that and it's just miserable. Hope you get some good weather soon!