Thursday, April 4, 2013

Reading Aloud Challenge with Footprints in the Butter

I am joining in with the link up over at Footprints in the Butter - Reading Aloud Challenge.

This is our Spring Break week so we are only reading aloud two books at the moment. The two that get the top honors of continuing to be read through Spring Break are review books that we have to continue. But they are both great books so I'm okay with that.

Margarethe - This review will post tomorrow so I can't say a lot until then. I will say that this book is historical fiction during the time of the Reformation and includes information about Martin Luther. I am ashamed to admit just how little me and Grace know about church history. After reading this book I plan on learning more.

The Eagle of the Ninth - Another review book but not actually the book. I am reviewing the study guide for the book. This book takes place in Britain when Rome was in charge. Grace was having some trouble understanding everything going on in this book so I rented the newest movie "The Eagle" and we watched it last week. That definitely helped her understanding more. Also after watching the movie we can already tell so many places that the movie was different from the book. Hands down the book is always better.

When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit - We will start reading this book on Monday when our daily studies resume. We finished a study of World War II a couple of weeks ago and I thought this would be an interesting choice to finish out the school year.

Be sure to come back tomorrow and check out my review of Margarethe.

No comments: