Thursday, April 17, 2014

Trim Healthy Mama Hits and Misses So Far



So far we have had very few misses with recipes on the Trim Healthy Mama way of eating. Yesterday I made Peanut Butter Cups and they were a big hit
.
1 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup cocoa powder
Truvia to taste
Splash of Vanilla
Natural peanut butter
1 tablespoon of heavy cream

They turned out huge and delicious. Definitely need to split one with someone from now on when eating. I also tried my hand at cheesecake and that was an epic fail. Of course I have never cooked cheesecake in my life so this may take some practice. Another fail (at least with Grace) was the Quinoa. I ate it but wasn't overjoyed with it. Tonight I am making some quinoa as a side dish with roasted broccoli, salad, and beef tips. Other recipes that have been hits include:

Cheeseburger Quesadillas
Crockpot chicken with rotel and cream cheese
Pizza Casserole
Chicken, veggies, quinoa
THM Pancakes
Smoothies
Sandwiches with Joseph's Pita Wraps

We still have a lot to learn but getting there. Grace even told me today that she feels better eating this way and off of a lot of the processed junk. The two things I have to keep in stock to keep her happy is Zevia soda, Sobe Life water, and plenty of skinny chocolate. Next on the list to try is Berry Whip.

No comments: