Wednesday, May 7, 2014

THM Go To Breakfast and Snack

 
One thing I have found at about myself over the years concerning breakfast is that I like to eat immediately when I wake up and I don't like fixing anything complicated. So my go to breakfast on THM has become a smoothie. It took me a couple of weeks to get it just right the way I like it. I use the following ingredients.
 
1 1/2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop chocolate Jay Robb protein powder
2 tsp of cocoa powder
2 tsp of xylitol
peaches, strawberries, cherries, and other berries
 
I typically have it between 7 - 8 in the morning and it holds me over until 11:00 when I eat an early lunch.

 
My other go to is for snack time. Sometimes I mix it in my yogurt and others I just eat it plain. My daughter really loves this one as well. I love granola and was missing it. I had not yet tried collecting all the ingredients that are called for in the THM book to make my own. When we visited Whole Foods I found this on the shelf. It isn't perfect for the plan but it comes mighty close and I am not a THM purist and have still lost weight using it. The sweetner is stevia and the flours in this product is oat flour, brown rich flour, and garbanzo flour. You can visit the website if you want more info about purchasing the product from Blackberry Hills Bakery at www.blackberryhillsbakery.com.

No comments: